Tivoli Storage Manager is a data protection platform that gives enterprises a single point of control and administration for backup and recovery. It is the flagship product in the IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager) family.
It enables reliable, cost effective backups and fast recovery for virtual, physical and cloud environments of all sizes.
IBM SPECTRUM PROTECT can help you:
- Spend less on data protection and more on innovation. Reduce backup and recovery infrastructure costs by up to 38 percent.1
- Protect and recover data with confidence. Control virtual, physical and cloud backup data from a single point, with greater visualization and administrator productivity.
- Deploy flexible solutions in any size organization. Spectrum Protect scales from entry to large enterprise workloads.
Spend less on data protection and more on innovation
- Switching to Spectrum Protect can reduce backup infrastructure costs by up to 38 percent, based on more than 450 Butterfly Analysis Engine Reports.
- Incremental “forever” backup in conjunction with deduplication can reduce backup storage requirements up to 95 percent for virtual and physical environments.3
Manage and protect data with confidence
- The IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager) Operations Center dashboard, policy driven administration and cloud integration make the product easy to use.
- VMware administrators can manage backups and restores using familiar user interfaces. There is no need to interact directly with backup servers.
- OpenStack backup drivers and VMware vCloud integration enable automated backups and simplified restores for cloud applications
Deploy flexible solutions in any size organization
- Spectrum Protect is highly scalable – a single backup server can protect billions of objects and can ingest, deduplicate and replicate up to 20 terabytes per day of new or changed client data.
- The platform can protect up to ten times more user data per day per backup server.2
- There are specially priced and packaged entry versions for small and mid-sized organizations. These versions are full featured and offer a choice of capacity and component based license plans.
Learn more about how to spend less time and money on backups with IBM Spectrum Protect at IBM.com.
- Average of individual customer Analysis Engine Reports from Butterfly Software (PDF, 1.40MB), May 2013, n=450. The savings include cumulative 36-month hardware, hardware maintenance and electrical power savings. Excludes one-time TSM migration cost.
- Up to 10 times more user data can be ingested, deduplicated and replicated in an 8 hour backup window using v7 and IBM's reference architecture blueprint for large systems, compared to version 6, when Tivoli Storage Manager deduplication was introduced.
- Enterprise Strategy Group, ESG Lab Validation Report: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager: Deduplication, Remote Site Recovery, and Scalability, November 2012.